Six months ago, Walmart
Walmart also unveiled several services that respondents in a survey commissioned by Walmart Business and conducted by Morning Consult said they needed. 97% of respondents clearly said that what they needed. The key take-away is that they spend too much time on administration and operational tasks every day; what they want are tools that will help them focus more on what matters most for growing their organization.
Walmart Business, under the leadership of its SVP and General Manager Ashley Hubka, is listening and is now unveiling several services aimed at helping small businesses and non-profit operations to reclaim precious time and achieve their goals. Here are some of the new services:
· Walmart Business App. A new app brings the full Walmart Business broad assortment – including office furniture and supplies, technology products, and classroom essentials right to users’ fingertips. The app offers flexible and convenient options for selecting how to receive orders, including one-tap check-in for curbside pick-up at more than 4,700 US locations. Also available is direct-to-office delivery scheduling. Another convenient feature lets a business set up and easily access multi-user accounts, with up to five users sharing one account directly from the app.
· Easier Add-To-Carts Ordering. A streamlined ordering process makes it easier for all Walmart Business customers to order large quantities simply by typing the exact number needed in the quantity field.
· Hire Angi Professionals. Walmart Business is now working with Angi to connect Walmart Business customers with highly-rated professionals in their communities, making it easy for members to book a wide range of services from office furniture assembly to wall mounting and shelving installation and more. Customers can hire these Angi professionals at competitive prices via Walmart Business.
· Spend Tracking Tool. Walmart Business members can now track their organizational spending with Spend Analysis. The tool captures and reports a wide range of useful data – including spend by user, top categories and items requested/purchased, and more. It also identifies spending patterns to help Walmart Business members make informed budgeting decisions and implement better buying policies.
· Expanded Marketplace Selection. The Marketplace selections have been expanded to provide small businesses and non-profit organizations with more of what they need. A side benefit is that it will also provide additional opportunities for third party sellers to grow with Walmart. With access to Marketplace and Walmart owned inventory, businesses and nonprofits can now shop millions of available items.
“In the six months since our launch announcement, Walmart Business has continued to listen to small businesses and nonprofits to provide solutions to the challenges they face. These organizations want to save money and simplify their purchasing business, stay in control and in stock, and create efficiencies to operate and grow,” said Ashley Hubka.
This is just the beginning. As Walmart Business listens to, and works alongside small businesses and non-profit customers, it will gain valuable insights that ensure it continues to deliver the right products and services at the right prices. Customers will save time, money and hassle at every step along the way while Walmart expands its market share and grows sales.
POSTSCRIPT: Walmart Business is perfectly positioned for this post-pandemic time when customers need to find ways to run their operations as productively as possible. Small businesses who are struggling to make ends meet need the help of an organized, disciplined partner that Walmart is working hard to be. In particular, the young/newer retailers, who must now compete in a more complex marketplace and often have little sales help in the store, need to be as operationally streamlined as possible. More than ever, businesses must help customers by taking time to provide knowledge and ‘charm’.
The partnership with Walmart, and the access to services it offers that streamline operations, can be essential for these organizations during those critical first five years. Walmart Business is a really needed resource in this post-pandemic period that will help overcome many hurdles. It will provide needed tools to improve management effectiveness and help expand the assortment of options at the same time. And, with Walmart’s Go Local program, members can quickly drive their merchandise to their customers.